Director of Housekeeping / Maintenance
Director of Housekeeping/ Maintenance
Bronx Center is seeking a Director of Housekeeping/ Maintenance for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Bronx, NY! The ideal candidate will have prior Director of Housekeeping/ Maintenance experience in a healthcare setting.
- Supervise all personnel in the Housekeeping/ Maintenance & Laundry Departments.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness & safety throughout the Facility.
- Plan/coordinate work schedules and assign staff to established work areas & duties.
- Attend & participate in departmental staff meetings, development/training courses.
- Provide individual guidance & motivation to employees.
- Assign equipment to staff; monitor daily equipment use, cleaning & maintenance.
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working condition at all times.
- Responsible for all maintenance department operations & personnel.
- Regular inspections of the facility, for safety, upkeep, appearance & equipment performance.
- Supervise and assign maintenance staff responsibilities and schedules.
- Schedule & ensure completion of all maintenance & repairs.
- Provide oversight of maintenance/repairs & ensure contracted services are completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintains records of all repairs, preventative maintenance, warranties, and inspections.
- Coordinating department operations, budgets, and monitoring expenditures.
- Ensure all maintenance work is in accordance with State/Federal & OSHA standards.
- Must have the ability to be "on-call" for emergency situations.
- Must have prior housekeeping management experience.
- Minimum a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Course in institutional housekeeping management is preferred.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality & customer service.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and great problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of budgeting processes, awareness of profit & loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Strong stress management and leadership skills required.
- 5 years experience in HVAC, plumbing, electric, carpentry & general maintenance.
- Prior supervisory experience in a Healthcare maintenance setting.
- Ability to multi-task / stay on task & maintain focus in stressful situations.
- Evidence of solid leadership and supervision skills.
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness
Bronx Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 200-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility. One of the earliest members of the Centers Health Care family, weve been leading the way ever since. Weve developed into an outstanding rehabilitation center, a renowned skilled nursing facility, and one of the borough's leading providers of in-patient and in-home renal dialysis. But as weve grown larger and more advanced, offering more sophisticated rehab and care, weve retained our home town culture. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. Bronx Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium